PUBLIC CLASSES 2017
- Sunday 14th May Mothers Day Herbal Pampering class at Eka Wholefoods Cafe, Melbourne
Looking for a unique and memorable way to show Mum how much you appreciate her this Mothers Day? Spoil Mum with this lovely Mothers Day Herbal Pampering experience.
This delicious event is not only for Mothers of children but for anyone who has birthed something good into this world! A night of nourishment with organic herbal teas, healthy organic treats, poetry, a natural chocolate and coconut body scrub we will make together, a mindfulness practice and more!
Join past Vue de Monde Tea Sommelier and Herb lover Sarah Cowell as she takes you on a journey that will leave you feeling relaxed, inspired, nourished and divine! You will also take with you recipes and a surprise treat to continue your pampering at home.
Places limited to 15. Earlybird tickets extended to 10th May!
2016 PUBLIC CLASSES
2015 PUBLIC CLASSES
- 15 April A World of Tea, Williamstown Library. Bookings 1300 462 542
- 13 April Tea 101: Exploring Specialty Tea, Bar 9 coffee boutique, Adelaide
- 17th March A World of Tea, Williamstown Library – BOOKED OUT
- 1st February Tea 101: Foundations in Specialty Tea, Pollen Tea Room, Hobart
2014 PUBLIC CLASSES
- December Tasting Rare Teas, Travelling Samovar teahouse
- October Tea 101: Exploring Tea, Storm in a Teacup
- September ChocolaTea! Tea & Chocolate, Kinfolk Cafe
- July Sacred Tea Ceremony Kundalini Yoga Studio
- May Mindful Tea Ceremonyat NAB Village, Melbourne.
- May Tea 101: Exploring the World of Tea at Everyday Coffee
- April A Coffee-Makers Introduction to Tea a special Tea 101 class catering to baristas, brewers & coffee-makers at Everyday Coffee
- April A Taste of Tea at Laneway Learning
- February Iced Teas at Storm in a Teacup
- February Tea 101: Exploring Tea at Storm in a Teacup
Subscribe to the mailing list (via the form on this page) so you don’t miss out on upcoming classes! Plus you’ll receive a free guide to getting even more out of your cuppa – by Making Tea Mindfully.
PRIVATE CLASSES and TEA CEREMONIES
Team-building, staff-reward, anniversary celebration, blessingway, baby-shower, hen’s gathering, wedding party tea ceremony, captivating your sweetheart with your tea-making skills!.. there are many reasons to book a private tea ceremony or tea-learning experience. The tea ceremony style I share is a beautiful meditative Chinese Gong Fu style – as seen in the picture below. Contact me to discuss how I can tailor this tea experience to your needs.
Clients include ANZ Bank, PDS Building Group, NAB Village, Australian Volunteers International, Laneway Learning, Australian Barista Academy, 5 Senses Coffee, Kundalini House Yoga Studio, Yoga Camp, Creative Collective, Creeds Farm Community Centre, plus the Libraries of City of Melbourne, Brunswick, Richmond, Moreland and Williamstown.
- Iced Teas: Chillin’ the Leaf for Summer at Storm in a Teacup.
- Tea and Chocolate Pairing at Storm in a Teacup
- A Taste of Tea at Laneway Learning
- Tea 101: Exploring Tea at Storm in a Teacup
- A Taste of Tea City of Melbourne Library – bookings via http://bit.ly/19PCSrt
- Tea Masterclass at the Australian Barista Academy http://teamasterclassoctober-eorg.eventbrite.com.au/
Teasense Tea Learning Experiences include:
- Tea 101 – Exploring Tea: An introduction to the main styles of tea; tasting, ideal brewing and learning where and how they are produced and what makes them so different. You’ll never make an astringent green tea again!
- Tea, Nurturing and Mindfulness: A hands-on experience of how tea can help us find a sense of calm and connection – with ourselves & with others – in our hectic lives. Drawing on the tea cultures of China and Taiwan, we’ll discover that tea is more than just a delicious beverage; it is also a tool we can use to enhance our wellbeing and connectedness. Through brewing and tasting beautiful tea with awareness, discover how to create your own tea ritual at home.
- Tea and Connection: Inspired by the Japanese tea ceremony concept of Ichigo Ichi-e – one precious moment together – this class aims to redress our increasingly disconnected lives. We return to the art of being quietly present with each other in tea. Through the simple act of brewing mindfully and with intention we build a true connection with each other, giving and receiving a priceless gift.
- Tea and Chocolate Pairing: A delicious exploration of the world of pairing single origin and nuanced specialty tea and chocolate. Have fun using your taste buds to discover how to taste them and the different approaches to pairing.
I also run a Tea Masterclass suitable for baristas, taste professionals and those keen to really understand tea in greater depth. Exploring all 6 styles of tea – white, green, yellow, oolong, black and aged pu’erh teas – we try different brewing methods and delve more fully into production and each of the sensory steps involved in experiencing and understanding tea. A strong foundation on which to build your future tea learning.